Garden cress seeds (Lepidium sativum) known as aaliv in Marathi, or halloon in India, are commonly used in the system of Ayurveda. It is also known as asario in India and the Middle East where it is prized as a medicinal herb, called habbat al hamra (literally red seeds) in Arabic. It is found in the middle east & several parts of Asia.
• It helps boost Immunity.
• It helps in treating diabetes by helping to control blood sugar levels.
• It contains estrogenic like plant chemicals which help regulate menstruation and simulates milk production for nursing mothers.
• In the Arabian Peninsula, the seeds are traditionally mixed with custard to make a hot drink.
• It is a rich source of protein, vitamins & Iron
• It can be slightly roasted with salt and added to salads